We bring the FAST and laughs to pharmacy.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fan Mail!!

This email is from Mc Fury! How cute is that name!!

I wish you were my personal pharmacists!


Good Morning Fast Food Pharmacists!

I have been a tech (CPhT) for 3 years now in Florida Keys and now Virginia. My current store has some of the craziest customers I have ever encountered in retail pharmacy. For example, Wednesday an elderly man comes to the pick up counter with a Santa hat on, I ask him if he needs assistance only to have him open his cigarette pack and dump a "found" baggie of marijuana on the counter. He walks away like nothing was odd about this encounter. It is in our lost and found, you know, just in case.

Mc Furry. (kind of like Mc Flurry, but with more anger)

5 comments:

Filet-o-bitch RPh said...

So in 6 weeks when no one claims the bag, are you going to share the love? JK!!

We get drug tested at our work place. I am glad we do so that some pharmacists are not tempted to do anything illicit. However, the pharmacists that are legal pill poppers (ie they have a prescription for benzos or whatever) are a huge, secret problem. I work with one right now. Never know if he is going to be "out" of it or not. Totally fucking lame.

Anonymous said...

The issue Filet speaks of has interesting implications not mentioned in most pharmacy school curricula, not even in Ethics & Professionalism; does a pharmacist fill her own script for psych meds?

Filet-o-bitch RPh said...

He/she might fill them but they cannot be the final verification for them. I would not fill psych meds at my chain McDruggie's. Hell no! I don't want my coworkers to know they are truly driving me nuts along with the customers. JK

It is a sad situation where a RPh has to lean on benzos to cope with the job.

Jackass in the Box RPh said...

Ethics and Professionalism? What's that?

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Was he wearing anything besides the Santa hat?

And if not, where was he wearing it?